Saturday, January 9, 2016

2016 update

Time flies by so fast...it's hard to believe it is already 2016.
Estelle Schiek Photography

Here's a few things to report...

CHRIS - is past another knee replacement, and on to bigger and better things.  He started a new job recently driving school bus and seems much happier than before.  He looks forward to a relatively pain free year.

RACHEL - I continue working hard at my job teaching 4th grade.  I was blessed to have a student teacher this first semester - which is a lot of work, but very rewarding.  I also adore singing on our worship team at church and helping out in other areas.  I started karate this October and am testing for my gold belt this week.

JOSHUA - we made it past a rough patch at the beginning of this school year.  He is doing much better now in 1st grade with all of the support and help that he receives.  We still struggle some regulating his behavior (ADHD) and anxiety needs, but God helps us everyday.  He is a rascal - but a sweetheart as well.

IN OTHER NEWS - not much is going on.  2015 was a rough year for us, as Chris was off work for the last 4 months of the year.  We had a few health scares as well, and have been learning how to manage Joshua's mental health and medical needs.

We still hope for another baby to come to our family this year.  Our adoption profile is being shown next week and we hope that it might result in a match for us.  I can't help but dream a bit whenever I know our profile will be shown, even though the chances are small.  There are 25 waiting couples at our agency, and every one of us wants a baby just as badly.  We trust God for His perfect will and timing.  In the meantime....a quote from one of my favorite characters:



No comments: