Lilypie - Memorial

Josh

Monday, April 7, 2008

Chosen

I received a voice mail at work today from our social worker - the birthmom, M, has chosen us to parent her baby BOY!!! We are excited and cautious, and anxious, and everything else rolled into one.

The baby is due August 17th - about a week before Daniel's birthday would have been - what a blessing from God to shower that time with happiness for us.

It's going to be a long 4 months!! We'll keep you posted as new developments arise, but this is a GIANT step in the right direction.

9 comments:

Dad B. said...

We are experiencing all of the same emotions that you are, but are trusting that God has started something and that he will finish it.....

Love ya,

Mom & Dad B.

Sarah Wilde said...

I am so incredibly happy for you both! We will continue to keep you in prayer.

This is so exciting! I will check back regularly to make sure I am to date on everything!!!

Love ya!

Dawn said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY!

Words aren't enough....
Luckily, God can read minds.

Love,
Dawn

Tanya said...

That is totally AWESOME news! I've been waiting a long time to read this particular blog. A little boy....someone to carry on "dad's" name....someone to play "fort" with mommy and ball with daddy....a baby to call your own. Fantastic news I tell ya! It's so worth the wait.

julie o said...

I am sooo very happy to hear this good news!!!

julie

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!! God is faithful! I can't wait to hear about the process! Love to you and Chris...
~Sarah H.

Rose C said...

Praise God for his indescribable gift!

sarah w said...

Yeah!!! God is SO good!!! :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting Rachel, Chris and Sadie!! I am so thrilled to hear your wonderful news. I will continue to keep you bathed in prayer as you wait until that faithful day.

God Bless.
Charitty