Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First time for everything

Last week, I was on my way home from shopping at the mall when Chris called to let me know that Joshua decided to take a swig of his (J's) allergy medicine. Chris didn't know how much he drank. As I pulled into town past the fire station, the ambulance pulled out behind me and followed me to my house. The police were already there, and the paramedics came in the door behind me. I was focused on only one thing...JOSH!! He sat very quietly on my lap and let them check his heart and blood pressure while I spoke on the phone with poison control. We eventually determined that he didn't drink much, and they recommended watching him at home. He was fine - but it was our first emergency medical experience in almost 2.25 years! And he got a free teddy bear!

No comments: