Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

I have much to be thankful for this year.

1. God - my Savior and Redeemer. Where would I be without Him? Such a wretched person - full of dirt and grime. But with Him - I am redeemed by His blood and my sins are washed away. He upholds, sustains, guides, and protects. He is not surprised by anything I think or feel. He still loves me when I think or feel those things! Everything I am and have is because of His bountiful amazing grace.

2. Joshua - my amazing son. I can't begin to describe the blessing it is to be his mom. How undeserving I feel and how inadequate. He takes my breath away with his imagination and intelligence. I can't wait to see what the next years hold.

3. Chris - my husband of almost 8 years. He puts up with me in my funks. He supports me in parenting Josh. He's a hard worker even after this year of being laid off and working part time. He cares for his family and for others.

4. My family - all of them from my family of birth to my in-laws. They are all amazing wonderful people. I am blessed to be surrounded by parents and grandparents who are still married and loving and serving the Lord. I am blessed with a brother who is my friend. I am blessed with a sister-in-law who has become the sister I never had.

5. My job - teaching 4th grade. There are days - we all have them. But I truly love teaching, and I'm enjoying my class this year.

6. My friends - especially my MOPS gals.

It's the season of thankfulness. What are you thankful for?

No comments: